Established Businesses

We understand the importance of working within your deadlines, as well as how essential it is to return phone calls, and deal with emails and any other correspondence promptly. We make a firm commitment to all of our clients to fulfil these requirements, as we know there is nothing more frustrating than not having the answers and paperwork you need, when you need them.

All businesses, and business owners have their own different requirements, and we will listen, and discuss fully, exactly what it is that you need before we begin any work on your behalf. However, depending on what you decide upon, we are able to offer support in all of the following broad areas:

  • Bookkeeping
  • Monthly management accounts
  • PAYE schemes: both the setting up of these, the running of the scheme, providing payslips if you wish, and dealing with the monthly and annual online payroll returns.
  • CIS schemes: advising on whether this is necessary for your business, and if so what your legal obligations are. We can deal with the verification of sub contractors, the preparation of monthly certificates and the filing of monthly returns.
  • VAT. We can advise you of when you are required to register for VAT, and of the various different schemes which may be available. If required, we can prepare and submit your VAT returns online.
  • Statutory Accounts/ Year End Accounts. We can prepare your year end accounts which, for sole traders, form the basis of your personal self assessment tax return, for partnerships and LLPs form the basis of the partnership return, which then feeds through to the personal self assessment tax return, and for limited companies (and LLPs) are a statutory requirement and must be filed at Companies House in the correct format. As well as the preparation, we are able to deal with these filing requirements.
  • Taxation: Corporation Tax Return/ Partnership Tax Return/ Self assessment tax return. Depending on your business structure, we can use your year end accounts as a basis for completing, and submitting your personal self assessment tax return, and partnership return if necessary, or, for those who are company directors, we can use  information from the company’s statutory accounts to prepare your personal self assessment tax return. As outlined above, the regime covering limited companies is different from that which applies to sole traders, partnerships and LLPs: there is the requirement for companies to file a corporation tax return (CT600), which we can deal with on your behalf, and to pay corporation tax which we will always seek to minimise within the parameters of the law.
  • Company Secretarial Services. We are able to offer a full Company Secretarial service if you wish, to take care of all of your filing requirements with Companies House.
  • Ongoing Business Advice. If, during the year, there is anything which you feel we may be able to help with, from general queries relating to accounting or taxation matters, to, for example, preparing accounts or documents which your bank may require for a mortgage application, we are always happy to hear from you, and as such, we offer all of our clients one hour of free phone advice each year.